2018+ Ford EcoSport banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 EcoSport SE with the four cylinder engine. I have sputtering when accelerating. Thought it would be the fuel filter and call the dealership to find out the cost of replacing it but they said it is not replaceable, it is in the gas tank. Anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong?

·
Registered
7 Posts
(DEFINE) Sputtering? like a noise specifically... engine feeling sluggish? (@what speeds or rpms? normal load or merging and getting up on a highway? ... is it dying or feels like close to it at idle? hard starts? or sputtering out and dying when start/stop engages at stops? (PLEASE PROVIDE ADDITIONAL CONTEXT)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(DEFINE) Sputtering? like a noise specifically... engine feeling sluggish? (@what speeds or rpms? normal load or merging and getting up on a highway? ... is it dying or feels like close to it at idle? hard starts? or sputtering out and dying when start/stop engages at stops? (PLEASE PROVIDE ADDITIONAL CONTEXT)
It is not a noise, it is a feeling. I can usually feel it as I am accelerating between 25mph-45mph. I guess it is like a hesitation in and out. It is during normal load. It has never died out but I have had a rough idle once while stopped at a red light, in drive. There is no check engine light on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have this same problem, spoke to a mechanic at my local Ford dealership who seems to think it's the transmission going out. Clutch pack specifically he said.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have this same problem, spoke to a mechanic at my local Ford dealership who seems to think it's the transmission going out. Clutch pack specifically he said.
I have an appointment for next Wednesday. Thank you I will mention that! Hopefully it is covered under the warranty. I have almost 55,000 miles!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an appointment for next Wednesday. Thank you I will mention that! Hopefully it is covered under the warranty. I have almost 55,000 miles!
Do you have a check engine light on? I don’t.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, no check engine light, no codes shown on scan tool.

I ran some stuff from Lucas through it. Fuel system cleaner etc... mpg went from 20 to 25-27. Even using 87 octane. Still does the sputtering/hesitation, getting worse actually.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, no check engine light, no codes shown on scan tool.

I ran some stuff from Lucas through it. Fuel system cleaner etc... mpg went from 20 to 25-27. Even using 87 octane. Still does the sputtering/hesitation, getting worse actually.
I originally thought it had the do with the fuel pump/filter. My first thought was to change the fuel filter but to my surprise there is not one! At least not one outside the gas tank.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I thought that myself, have seen a few videos on how to change it also. However they are all in Spanish or Hindi, soooooo might be something for those models only. I know tha USA prefers those crappy in tank filters that require you to buy an entire unit. (Fuel pump, filter, gauge)

I plan on getting under there to check it out myself, as I am one of those DIY guys. Will let y'all know what I find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts