2018+ Ford EcoSport banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
You bought a used or new rim for 70? I ended up putting my snows on (just in time) but still need a spare. I have an extra tire to use for it, so just really need a rim. Everyone I've asked so far says they don't have a rim in that size -- and obviously not buying it through Ford -- and it would probably be hard to find one for a 2018 at a local junkyard. Was going to try another local shop, and figured I would also look online. I haven't seen any as cheap as 70, but will keep looking. Was also talking to an ebay seller recommended above, so going to follow up about a rim. Would be nice to find one for under 100!
I bought a new rim. The Ford steel rims are real easy to find "new" up here in Alaska.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am happy with the basic 16 inch donut spare that fits snuggly in back under the cargo mat. The stock BF goodrich tires are 180 a piece but pop like a cheap balloon if you hit a curb at 5 miles an hour. Its like have a hockey play with basketball sneakers. Amazing run flats are the same price. I swapped to a 60 dollar tire, it works fine and been looking for options. going from stock 17 inch to 16 inch helps a little to allow a larger wider tire but thats 2k to do that and you still need some spacers to get adult SUV tires. that being said I'd see how much lift could be obtained safely and factor that cost and see if big tires can fit. I just decided to go with standard donut spare and 60 tires and drive like a man. Leave the BF goodrich tires for resale. LOL!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts