2018+ Ford EcoSport banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I got my ecosport back in July when I was living in Maui. I live in the East Bay area now. Only a couple things been driving me crazy so if anyone knows how to help I'm all ears.

First being the sluggishness. I have the SE 4WD model and it sure doesn't feel like it has 166hp. I've seen programmers out there but I don't know if there are any tunes for the Naturally Aspirated ones.

Second being the sync system not letting me run Raspberry Pi. My 2015 Fusion had RCA cables so I could have a little video game console for people to play while I was stopped.

And the final one being the Sim card location for the mobile WiFi. I don't want this ATT crap in my car. Especially when I work for Verizon and can get way better service for half the cost.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ford may not have placed the SIM card in an easily accessible location, so removing a faceplate may be involved in locating it. There have already been mentions that the powertrain is being updated for 2019 to address the underwhelming performance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha changing the power train for the next model year doesn't help out the current situation haha. I wish it had that same 2.4 Ecoboost that my fusion had. I got the same mileage out of a heavier more powerful car. Next car is gonna be the bronco raptor whenever that happens. I got time with this loan.

Ford may not have placed the SIM card in an easily accessible location, so removing a faceplate may be involved in locating it. There have already been mentions that the powertrain is being updated for 2019 to address the underwhelming performance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ford should bring over the new Kuga as it seems to be a more agile vehicle that can get better mileage just due to the overall design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts