2018+ Ford EcoSport banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - bought our son 2020 Ecosport - can anyone tell me if the vehicle should have come with a plate bracket for the rear? Holes don't line up with plate.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi - bought our son 2020 Ecosport - can anyone tell me if the vehicle should have come with a plate bracket for the rear? Holes don't line up with plate.

Thanks.
there are 2 sets of holes, on the left and right side, staggered on top of each other, they do line up for a plate, at least in Ohio, however you have to make sure you are using the same holes on the Left and Right side, either both top, or both bottom.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In ny mine came with the two upper holes . They don’t exactly line up but they work . One hole is messed up and I can’t tighten the screw all the way

·
Registered
3 Posts
No there is no Rear Plate Bracket for the car, or at least I have never seen one come from the Factory, I see these cars all day long, and have never seen one, however I will see what Ford has to say on the issue, and update the Group.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The vehicle does not come with a rear plate bracket as federal regulations do not require them to be included in vehicle equipment specifications. Be careful when you're on the highway though because some states have regulations that require the rear of the car to have a license plate attached or mounted on it at all times. Please contact your state's motor vehicles department if you would like more information on how they regulate their license plates and whether they apply any rules about where your license needs to be displayed--typically, front vs back vs bumper mount etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought (on Amazon) both a front and rear license plate bracket/frame (black metal) with anti-tamper hardware.
They look good, and have held up well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts