2018+ Ford EcoSport banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I'm new here and just purchased a 2018 Ecosport a couple days ago. Quick question in regards to the auto start/stop function button- I know that if the system is turned on and in use a green indicator light on the instrument panel will light up. I thought however that the icon on the actual button itself also turned on and stayed on green to indicate that the function was turned on. I could have sworn that was the case but now I'm unsure 馃 Any help would be great! Thanks!

Registered
Hmmm, your dash must be different than my '18 SE as I have no such light on the dash. The orange indicator light I see is on the switch itself. A notice appears momentarily on the dash to indicate that the autostop has been disabled, and that notice goes away after a few seconds.

Registered
When the car stops at a red light or stop sign or.....there is a green light in the center cluster that comes on if the engine shuts off when auto start is enabled. If the engine restarts due to heat (summer/hvac) or other conditions, even if the brake pedal is pressed, the light goes off.

Registered
Ah, now I understand. My habit is to turn it off a soon as I start the car. I will leave it on next time and observe the dash to see what it shows!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts