2018+ Ford EcoSport banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

They were easy to put on. Just pop out the plastic rivets (and a 7/32 bolt screw on the bottom of the rear bumper) with a screwdriver or a body tool, put them in place, and pop the rivets back in.
Pro tip: Knock out as much dirt as you can before you put them on, and washing the rivets will help them go back in easier. Turn the front wheels for easier access, and to pop them in with a hammer. They come with screws that don't fit and aren't needed.
This was a $200.00 option if you ordered them on the car from Ford. I spent about $48.00. They look OEM, though I'm not sure they are.
Got them here: New OEM Sport Splash Guards Mud Guards Mud Flaps For 2018-2021 Ford ECOSPORT SUV | eBay

I'm ready for winter! 馃槉

Registered
I bought what I believe is the same product but bought mine from Amazon. I too don't know if they are OEM...probably not. Still, they fit and look as though they are.
The installation was a little bumpier for me. It took me a little more than an hour to install. The biggest reason for this was I didn't understand how the fasteners worked. They have two parts. Once you realize this and how they work, everything becomes simpler. Don't do what I did. I tried to pry out both at the same time, not realizing there were two separate pieces that needed to be pried out separately.

Here is a video that shows this...it's not an Eco Sport or perfect match for the fasteners but close enough and you will get the idea. Its timed stamped to where it explains the fasteners....

It's like a lot of things that you do for the first time. It can be fiddly and even frustrating. Still, if you are a do-it-yourself kind of guy it's not that bad. Now that I have done it, I could probably do it in half the time with little to no frustration.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a better pic of the front. I wish it went a little lower, but I assume that's a ground clearance issue.
The good news is that it sticks out to the side a bit. That should help keep the slop off the doors.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts