2018+ Ford EcoSport banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
56 Posts
I have not drive the SE model, but I'm led to believe the SES supension is a lot more on the sporty side. It actually makes a great little rally car; I've...maybe pushed it a little harder than I should have on some mountain roads, and it has never bottomed out the suspension. It picks wheels up and doesn't seem to care. Last weekend, we went exploring on some side by side trails, and had a great time. The traction control is surpisingly competent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not drive the SE model, but I'm led to believe the SES supension is a lot more on the sporty side. It actually makes a great little rally car; I've...maybe pushed it a little harder than I should have on some mountain roads, and it has never bottomed out the suspension. It picks wheels up and doesn't seem to care. Last weekend, we went exploring on some side by side trails, and had a great time. The traction control is surpisingly competent.
I have to say, after owning it for almost two months, it is a very fun car to drive. The Sport mode is especially peppy. Very well planted on the road and handles very well. We have this and the new Maverick and I have no complaints about either. Also, I like that the Eco has it's own navigation without having to rely on the phone. I am really surprised this isn't more popular in the US, I think it's a great little car that is very functional.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would agree. The available power between the two in the photos is dramatic. Also, since the Mav doesn't have to work as hard, I routinely get 3-4 MPG better gas mileage than in the ECO. I don't think that is in the cards though. I still quite like the driving experience in the Eco though, but if it had the Ecoboost engine it would have no doubt been more popular.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes, the 1.5T would be good. It makes more horsepower, but more importantly, more torque. The Escape is rated at 180hp/190tq. That would add some pep to the Eco for sure.
My Fiesta ST has a tune and some intake parts on it, and I'm getting 210/276 at the wheels. It's hilarious to drive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Stock tires?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts