2018+ Ford EcoSport banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are a retired couple who purchased a 2018 ecosport se 1.0 at the end of February 2019. overall pretty much satisfied, but a little disappointed with the mpg. we trim sure thatavel a lot so I am interested to see on a dedicated trip how well we do. we live in hilly east Tennessee so i'm sure that does not do any good for the mpg.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats on getting the EcoSport!

Are you tracking your MPG online on a site like fuelly? Would be interesting to see your fuel mileage stats displayed the way it is on that site.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got 300 miles out of my first tank of gas in city driving.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am using regular fuel. I just got 29 mpg on my second tank of fuel.

·
Registered
83 Posts
We had two Ford Fiestas with that 1 liter engine. Just drove one of them from Fairbanks Alaska to Ft Gordon Georgia. Fuel mileage ranged from 42-49 mpg and averaged 45.something. They're good little engines.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Impressive mileage numbers that at least aren't met with engine problems that existed with some early EB engine's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
real mpg vs electronic mpg on dashboard

are all your mileage quotes from dividing miles vs gallons or are you taking the figure off the electronic mpg on the dashboard? I have found the evic is very generous, showing 2-4 mpg higher than the actual mpg figured manually.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes we are using fuelly. we are averaging 31mpg overall having 7000 miles since the end of February. we have found the indicated mpg is very generous, 2-4mph over the manually figured mpg. still should be able to get 350 miles on a tankful which is fine for us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts