2018+ Ford EcoSport banner

Hesitation

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TonyDia 
#1 ·
I just purchased a used 2018 Titanium model. I picked it up on the 30th and everything was fine. Thursday I took it to my mechanic to look over it. They said I needed a new cabin air filter and fuel injectors cleaned. I had them do both. Friday I started my car and pushed the gas and the car hesitated, pretty bad. No problems the rest of the day. Saturday comes same thing happens on initial start up, although it happened a second time Saturday the second time I drove it. I’m taking it back to the dealer Monday since their service department is closed on the weekends. Is it possible my mechanic did something to the fuel injectors when he cleaned it????

#2 ·
It's extremely unlikely that your injectors needed anything done to them or that your cabin air filter needed replacing. I would suggest you stay far away from that particular mechanic's shop. Do take it to the dealer and share with them the work that was supposedly done.

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.