2018+ Ford EcoSport banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you know if the location is indicated in the owners manual?
I know over the years automakers include less and less information in them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is obscured by the underbody panel and can be found on the driver side neatly tucked into the bumper cover.
i checked the wire is dead no power and the fuse is in the trailer spot .
i ordered the module that i thought was a factory one , it supposed to plug in a spot under the rear seat . i received a universal one that you have to run a wire from + bat the the rear to the universal module in the rear were you have to cut wires to splice into the brake , signal ,and parking lights . this is a poor set up no one seems to know ! they have on the window sticker when i bought it it has ( Prep trailer wire package ) LOL .
its a bit of a joke .....
does anyone know anything about a factory MODULE ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
There are numerous postings on this topic, in other sections of this forum. One posting has detailed instructions for installing an aftermarket module (which is what I did). but there is another posting with instructions for installing the Ford OEM module.

And you are correct - on the window sticker of the EcoSport it states the vehicle is prepped for trailer wiring. This is completely false. Many of the Ford dealers don't even know how to install a towing module on this vehicle. Shame on Ford for this!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts