1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
155 Posts
Can't really say this comes as a surprise since product placement is a normal part of automotive marketing. Just odd that Ford decides to do it with a movie where cars are pretty much non existent, no idea how they'll shoehorn the EcoSport in.

·
Registered
251 Posts
That's definitely an odd one. There is nothing relating the two at all. They'd be better off showing a few of the X-Men driving around in one.

·
Registered
262 Posts
It has more application in some TV series with millennials or something along those lines, basically where ever it can fit in naturally. That's not hard to figure out, Ford just has to look at its demographic data

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well, it doesn't necessarily have to appear in the movie. Maybe we'll see special paint options like what Nissan did in their partnership with Star Wars, they came out with two limited edition Rouge options.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yup, that was one of the easiest collaborations that Nissan could have chosen. For Ford and the EcoSport, I can't see them painting it bright green or in a brown similar to a tree.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think if they would go Spiderman, it would look too weird. Red and blue theme kinda thing? Sounds like something Scion would do... sorry.. Toyota.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We'll wait and see what Ford decides to do when the movie comes out early next month, which I am excited to watch with or without the EcoSport.

·
Registered
251 Posts
That is true.. I actually really enjoyed the first one. Baby Groot is one of the reasons I want to see the second one too!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ford is probably kicking themselves for not developing their brand much sooner since that could have meant Fords in Transformers rather than mostly GM's. And we all know how big of a movie series transformers is.

·
Registered
251 Posts
They definitely should have hit the big movie franchises faster. GM for Transformers. Dodge for Fast and Furious (the largest movie franchise in the world), they don't really have anything left to work with do they?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not when it comes to car oriented movies, the longer running franchises have all been taken. Even transporter is working with Audi now. Maybe something new will come up, but for now the Guardians of the Galaxy somewhat works since it has the attention of a lot of movie goers.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I guess it's better than nothing. At the end of the day, it's still advertising o the big screen. Guardians of the Galaxy was actually the third highest grossing film in the Marvel Universe right behind The Avengers and of course Iron Man 3... I say of course because well... Iron Man is obviously the best... ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wasn't as bad as I imagined it could have been. Gotta admit, we've all done the window arm wave at some point in our lives. I still do it while driving sometimes too.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pretty much it, Groot and maybe Rocket and they have a winning sales pitch on their hands. Throw in some movie related paraphernalia and they could bag a lot of millennial buyers.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts