2018+ Ford EcoSport banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can someone point me to the transmission fluid fill port on a 2018 SES normally aspirated 2.0l ? Another thread indicated a black cap under the airbox but i not seeing it. Thanks.
I can confirm that the transmission fill is located on the right-hand side on top of the trans, a flat black cap approx 1” in diameter. I was replacing the air filter at the same time, so it was helpful to remove the air box, although not required. I also had a small funnel approx 4” diameter and approx 12” long to reach the fill port.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can confirm that the transmission fill is located on the right-hand side on top of the trans, a flat black cap approx 1” in diameter. I was replacing the air filter at the same time, so it was helpful to remove the air box, although not required. I also had a small funnel approx 4” diameter and approx 12” long to reach the fill port.
Thanks for the reply. I did eventually go to the ford dealer service counter and inquire. The trans fill port plug for the naturally aspirated 2.0l engine is on the driver side just above and to the right of where the axle is splined into the trans. A long tube funnel works well with the drivers side front wheel removed. The trans is filled with the car at level until the fluid just drips out, similar to filling a rear end differential. You will have to partially fill the trans and start the car with the plug inserted to fill the torque converter and then continue filling. The trans should take approx 1 gallon of fluid, or the amount removed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts