2018+ Ford EcoSport banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 EcoSport SE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having moved from a 1996 Toyota Avalon to a 2018 EcoSport, I am encountering a world of upgrades. :love:

1. If I understand the manual, when the headlights are set to A then the daytime running lights automatically illuminate when the car is in Drive. When I did this previously, the small green headlight icon illuminated and I could see my DRLs reflected off the car in front of me. Now, when in the A position, I do not see the headlight icon and I'm not sure I'm seeing the DRLs reflected off the car in front of me. :unsure:
  2. When set on A, the headlights (and I assume taillights) illuminate when I enter a darkened garage or at night. Can I depend on that being the case? I see so many late model cars driving without headlights because the owner must think that they're on because their illuminated dashboard is on. "In the old days," you knew you headlights or parking lights were on if your dashboard light was on.
Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
46 Posts
When set on A, the headlights (and I assume taillights) illuminate when I enter a darkened garage or at night. Can I depend on that being the case? I see so many late model cars driving without headlights because the owner must think that they're on because their illuminated dashboard is on. "In the old days," you knew you headlights or parking lights were on if your dashboard light was on.
Welcome to the forum!

When you have the headlight switch on "A" for Auto, your headlamps and tail lamps will come on automatically (just as thought you had turned the switch on manually). As for the DRLs, they are a small LED stip in the bottom of the main headlamp housing. There is an option in the instrument cluster to enable or disable the DRLs.

·
Registered
2018 EcoSport SE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!
I noticed today that my DRL were working just fine. I think I mistook the green headlight icon as being on when using DRL, but that's only when the headlights automatically switch on when I pull into our dark garage.
Just realized I have fog lights, too! :ROFLMAO:
Welcome to the forum!

When you have the headlight switch on "A" for Auto, your headlamps and tail lamps will come on automatically (just as thought you had turned the switch on manually). As for the DRLs, they are a small LED stip in the bottom of the main headlamp housing. There is an option in the instrument cluster to enable or disable the DRLs.

·
Super Moderator
46 Posts
Thank you!
I noticed today that my DRL were working just fine. I think I mistook the green headlight icon as being on when using DRL, but that's only when the headlights automatically switch on when I pull into our dark garage.
Just realized I have fog lights, too! :ROFLMAO:
It's one the few vehicles where you can drove with only the parking lights and fog lamps on. You'll notice, especially at night if the fogs are on, if you use your turn signal on that side, it will turn off the fog lamp on that side. Fun little easter egg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts