2018+ Ford EcoSport banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TFL Now spotted a camouflaged 2018 Ford EcoSport on the streets last month and I've noticed that there's an exhaust pipe sticking out. Odd when the production model has it hidden.

·
Registered
251 Posts
That is pretty weird.. all of the pictures have it completely sealed and I presume it utilizes a turn down exhaust tip. Other than that though, it's nice to see spy shots but we already know what it looks like.

·
Registered
134 Posts
They probably didn't see the need to remove the camouflage and kept testing the For Ecosport as is. I think it's a normal thing for automakers to do before a model goes into production.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Could've just been a test vehicle they had sitting there. When did we first see what the production Ecosport ? The video was posted since December 19th

·
Registered
262 Posts
Being a vehicle sold world wide which has yet to show up on Ford USA`s website, this is just Ford`s US version of the EcoSport being tested and spied. But given how much we already seen there won`t be much of a surprise, just the slight changes from market to market.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Didn't think about that. I had assumed that the EcoSport would be uncovered in the U.S. since it has already been revealed elsewhere and people interested has most likely already seen it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The India version is going through some updates I've heard. Touchscreen infotainment system and something else... can't find the article..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All I could find was the touchscreen infotainment system upgrade. That's pretty much it unless you count the exterior design tweaks, but that's something we're all getting globally.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Didn't think about that. I had assumed that the EcoSport would be uncovered in the U.S. since it has already been revealed elsewhere and people interested has most likely already seen it.
This is almost always the case with a product that is offered in the eastern and western parts of the world. Needs and requirements are not always the same. Sometimes it calls for big changes like an entirely different engine and 1/2-3/4 of the interior features we get.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I assume most regional differences are with the powertrains more than design, so that infotainment update the India version will get getting could be in the global EcoSports too.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Powertrain is typically the only things that really get altered.. maybe an aesthetic thing like lights or something real small on the exterior as well.

·
Registered
262 Posts
as funny as it sounds, cupholders in higher quantity are sometimes one feature that the American market gets over others.
but being a in a compact segment I won't expect them to deviate much away from what's already being done.

personally the cup holders by the hand brake are enough for me:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I love me my cup holders lol. But I just need that one main one for me that can accommodate my large drink cups. Everyone else can hold it in their hand... not my problem lol. No matter how well thought out they are though, I'll always have a microfiber sitting underneath the cup.. just for added safety lol. Am I weird or does anyone else do that too ?

·
Registered
134 Posts
You're not the only one. I go the cheaper route and stuff a wad of paper towels there to soak up any spills and condensation. But the cup holder needs to be big enough to accommodate my larger water bottles or drinks.

Then I'll need a cubby in the driver side door large enough to store a generic bottle of water. It's not really needed, but something I've gotten used to in case I need hydration and didn't bring one with me. It's the little things that keeps us happy even though going without won't be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What I find odd is the handlebar on the passenger side. There's really no use for one in a vehicle that's not meant for going off road as those are usually seen in the Jeep Wrangler. That space could have been put to better use to increase the size of the dash storage cubby.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That's where the front airbag would come out of, can't really have the storage area encroach upon it. Personally like it, breaks up the monotony of the large dash.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Never knew what those were intended for to be honest. Maybe their the equivalent to the headliner mounted holy **** bars or something? Either way, don't think their necessary.. Until I put something in there that can potentially slide out but that bar saves it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Being a vehicle called the "EcoSport" odds are this was one of the features they wanted to include to help build that sporty image, at the same time it was likely the only creative way they found to carry on the gloss black trim.

Not a fan of it but there is some gap under the bar which we can likely throw some things in while on the go; keys, phone, headphones, etc.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking closer, it seems to be a small little cubby to quickly deposit something small. Really have no idea until we see it in real life this year. Originally thought it was a holy **** bar too.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Definitely gonna wait till I can see one and try to throw my pocket contents into it as usually when I enter my vehicle, my pockets get emptied into either the center console or cup holders... or door panels actually.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts