2018+ Ford EcoSport banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excited to be on the hunt for my first new vehicle. In the past i've owned 90's and 00's Civic's and Focus'. Had some wheel time behind the new Fiesta and while that was fun, it just isn't as utilitarian or big as I need my next vehicle to be. So far the EcoSport is turning out to be what I need.
Here to learn more about it and share information I find.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome, I'm here for the same reasons as well. I presume you'll be looking forward to the 2.0L that comes with the AWD standard ? Or is supposed to. Opposed to the 3 cylinder

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2.0T for sure since Ford already has it running in a couple Ford models and so far i'm content with how that has been running. For me it helps to have historical information to go off of before purchasing.

how about you?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm going for the 2.0L as well. I don't think it's a 2.0T though?

The 3 cylinder I feel is just going to be severely under powered. I'm not looking for a power house, but I'm not looking for something that'll potentially struggle either.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't think the 2.0L is a turbo as only the 1.0-liter is listed with turbo. It's a naturally aspirated I-4.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that depends on how its tuned and where power is being made. If you really want power and overall better performance, is it really worth spending say 15% more than you normally would on gas?

I think its a fair trade off. But my motivations are different, I would keep it stock and just get a second car that was originally built for fun.

·
Registered
251 Posts
That's the best idea I did... Ecosport for the daily commutes and getting things done, race car in the garage for Friday and Saturday nights ;)

Just kidding, race cars cost a lot of money. Money I don't have.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The Ecosport 2.0 doesn't come with a turbo. The 1.0 liter with Turbo on the Fiesta was pretty peppy. We had two of those. I don't know how the 1.0 liter does in the Ecosport.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts