2018+ Ford EcoSport banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon folks!

I wanted to see if one of my fellow EcoSport pals could provide me with a good first oil change mileage marker? I was thinking about changing it at 1k with some Amsoil Full Synth, but I'd rather get solid info from owners of this vehicle.

Thanks ya'll!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm sitting at our dealer now. My daughter is getting her first oil change on her 2018 Ecosport. She's got 5000 miles on the vehicle. I recommend to my family members that they get an oil change every 5000 miles whether they think they need it or not.

Modern specs are such that I don't believe more frequent oil changes are necessary, and every 5000 miles may be overkill... but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Speaking about oil, is anyone using a different oil weight than whats recommended from factory? Opinions on this can vary quite a lot so i'm hoping to get a few from here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
we have 5000 miles on our 2018 ecosport 1.0 se and the oil monitor is still over 50%, meaning according to it I could go 10,000+ miles for our first oil change. I dont think i'll wait that long, probably 8000 when I rotate the tires.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Ecosport Titanium 2.0
37 Posts
Call me crazy, but I believe in overkill. I have a 2019 Edge Titanium, and just bought the wife a 2020 Ecosport Titanium 2.0. My first oil and filter change will be at 1000 miles. I will also change over to a full synthetic ( Mobil 1 ) oil. I use Motorcraft filters and change both oil and filter every 5000 miles or annually on my vehicles. I also use full synthetic in my garden tractor, snow thrower, and push mowers. Overkill maybe, but a cheap enough investment for a $20,000 plus automobile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.