2018+ Ford EcoSport banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a review of 2017 Ford EcoSport from Indian auto magazine called NDTV. Need to admit they did a nice job presenting their first Ecosport version, take a look.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The EcoSport may not be the most exciting crossover to drive, but you get great fuel economy in exchange and the price is fair for what you're getting. He did mention the 1.5 TDCi diesel being more fun to drive, but I think that option is limited to certain markets.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The EcoSport may not be the most exciting crossover to drive, but you get great fuel economy in exchange and the price is fair for what you're getting. He did mention the 1.5 TDCi diesel being more fun to drive, but I think that option is limited to certain markets.
Its essentially just Ford's offering of what's already doing well in the market since people generally go for what they're most comfortable with, much like what you see with any other line of product. Just look at the laptop market, personal computer market, smartphones, the list goes on. I know people that have only bought iPhones and at the same know people who only bought Fords.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think that EcoSport is a boring vehicle, as for me, it has nice interior and exterior designs.Basically, it's just righ features and performances for the appropriate price. If I'll get EcoSport it will definitely be the manual diesel version.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't think that EcoSport is a boring vehicle, as for me, it has nice interior and exterior designs.Basically, it's just righ features and performances for the appropriate price. If I'll get EcoSport it will definitely be the manual diesel version.
Obviously you don't live in North America. Neither the US nor Canada will see the Diesel or the Manual Transmission version.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Those are usually reserved for European and maybe Asian markets, not usually seen in NA. Even though we're stuck with petrol, that's fine for what you're paying for and the EcoSport will be popular because of its price point.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Those are usually reserved for European and maybe Asian markets, not usually seen in NA. Even though we're stuck with petrol, that's fine for what you're paying for and the EcoSport will be popular because of its price point.
Was confused for a bit here since you're saying petrol and not gasoline but live in North America, often I hear people from Europe calling it petrol and not gasoline.
But yeah, at this rate we are far more likely to see a hybrid over diesel or anything else. PHEV Eco-Sport is what i'd like to see.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was confused for a bit here since you're saying petrol and not gasoline but live in North America, often I hear people from Europe calling it petrol and not gasoline.
But yeah, at this rate we are far more likely to see a hybrid over diesel or anything else. PHEV Eco-Sport is what i'd like to see.
Did Ford announced a PHEV version of EcoSport?? If they will launch PHEV model of Ecosport, I think they will be ready to get more audience and broaden their target marker.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Did Ford announced a PHEV version of EcoSport?? If they will launch PHEV model of Ecosport, I think they will be ready to get more audience and broaden their target marker.
I haven't heard or seen anything so far but given the rate at which car makers are approaching greener segments of the industry especially in the North American market. So its just me placing them into that whole cue of the market. Even if we don't see a hybrid EcoSport there should at least be something in a similar segment being offered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts