Remote start install - 2018+ Ford EcoSport Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By workingclasshero

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Remote start install

We just picked up a 2018 Titanium last night, but it didn't have the remote start installed on it. I grew up working on cars and installing stereos, so I was thinking about just installing it on my own, or looking for an aftermarket kit to put on. Has anyone done this? Any suggestions or suggested kits? Thanks in advance!
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 02:38 AM

FYI you'll have to let the dealer install it to activate the system via the vehicles ECM/Computer. Not sure if independent shop's will be able to do it.
Tall Timbers likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 01:08 PM

I'd have a look at something like this. Its got a crazy amount of features for the money, though I don't know whats involved in the install. There are plug and play aftermarket kits as well. https://www.amazon.ca/Keyless-Remote.../dp/B01721JQK4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 11:38 AM

What's the difference between a remote starter that's installed, and using the Ford app to remote start your car?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 08:10 PM

The ford app has the remote start feature as well as lock and unlock your doors from your phone. Did they not go through this with you at the dealer????

Fiero Thomas

2018 Ecosport Ecoboost
2017 Kia Forte
1987 Pontiac Fiero T-Top
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 12:57 PM

Like Fieronews said, if you have a smartphone, you can use the Fordpass app to remote start. The SES and the Titanium models come with it as standard equip. Very easy to use and free, so might as well save yourself some money.

‘18 EcoSport SES
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 07:02 PM

Yes, the Fordpass app works well (I have a 2018 Ecosport SES). You can schedule a time for remote start (like 8am tomorrow morning). You can also lock/unlock doors, locate the vehicle, remotely check the tire pressure (each tire individually) and the gas level, etc. It's pretty cool. It's not really free - the vehicle comes with 5 yrs of fordpass service included. But after 5 years, I assume we'll need to pay a fee to continue the service. I have no idea what that fee will be.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 01:57 AM

Garage
You can only use the app to remote start if the vehicle came with Ford Connect (I think that's what it is called). Not every vehicle version comes with that ability. If it does, it is free for a time but eventually you'll have to pay a subscription fee. With Fordpass, you can start your vehicle from anywhere. With the Ford remote start you can't be very far from the vehicle for it to work.

Tall Timbers
2018 Ford Ecosport SE and SES

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page