2018+ Ford EcoSport banner

Remote start install

16K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Tall Timbers 
#1 ·
We just picked up a 2018 Titanium last night, but it didn't have the remote start installed on it. I grew up working on cars and installing stereos, so I was thinking about just installing it on my own, or looking for an aftermarket kit to put on. Has anyone done this? Any suggestions or suggested kits? Thanks in advance!

#7 ·
Yes, the Fordpass app works well (I have a 2018 Ecosport SES). You can schedule a time for remote start (like 8am tomorrow morning). You can also lock/unlock doors, locate the vehicle, remotely check the tire pressure (each tire individually) and the gas level, etc. It's pretty cool. It's not really free - the vehicle comes with 5 yrs of fordpass service included. But after 5 years, I assume we'll need to pay a fee to continue the service. I have no idea what that fee will be.

#8 ·
You can only use the app to remote start if the vehicle came with Ford Connect (I think that's what it is called). Not every vehicle version comes with that ability. If it does, it is free for a time but eventually you'll have to pay a subscription fee. With Fordpass, you can start your vehicle from anywhere. With the Ford remote start you can't be very far from the vehicle for it to work.

#12 ·
I plan on installing the Ford plug n play vehicle security system. It include basic remote starting form the key fob. Not sure it will with the push button start fob.

Vehicle Security System - Ford Perimeter Plus

Part No: KN1Z-19A361-A

SRP: $207.61

Get local pricing

Use your factory key fobs to arm and disarm, helps provide contents protection too

When there’s sufficient impact to the glass or a body panel, the 2-stage shock sensor determines whether to issue a warning chirp or full alarm
When activated by your Ford Dealer, the Basic Remote Start System is also included; start your vehicle from up to 300’ away
Parking lights remain on during remote start so you know the engine is idling
Run time and other features are easily programmed through the vehicle’s driver information center

I have a copy of the Ford install instructions. I am not sure I have the privileges yet to attach the document.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.