2018+ Ford EcoSport banner

Be aware insurance is fairly high on the 2018 EcoSport

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  443MIKED 
#1 ·
So my wife wanted a Titanium Escape, I got an insurance quote of $680 for 6 months full coverage based on the vin number of a Titanium Escape at my local dealer. We went to our dealer and my wife changed her mind and liked the Ecosport more. So we bought a Titanium 2.0l Ecosport, called the insurance company to get the insurance started and was given a quote of $840 for the same type of coverage and deductibles. I said "This EcoSport costs $8k less than the Escape but costs $180 more for insurance? " The confirmed that is correct. They said the repair costs will be higher due to lower parts availability, shipping costs and that it is a brand new vehicle to the USA market.
So FYI you might be surprised by insurance costs on an EcoSport.

#2 ·
You would think that as a brand new vehicle that parts wouldn't be difficult to source. Thanks for the heads up though, as I find those insurance rates pretty surprising considering the Ecosports performance specs. Seems like providers look for any reason to increase rates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.