Big guy ordering an Ecosport. - 2018+ Ford EcoSport Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hawks

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-20-2020, 03:34 AM Thread Starter

Big guy ordering an Ecosport.

So I fell in love with the EcoSport when I first saw the news about it a year or two ago. I finally decided I would like to check it out at the dealer a few days ago. I've always been a fan of smaller cars. The first car I drove was a subcompact Mazda Protoge and the first car I purchased myself was a 2011 Ford Fiesta. I like the maneuverability and since I carpool I like that you sit close to your passenger which makes it easy to chat with them.

I figured as a big guy the salesman would make some comments about me buying a subcompact SUV. Sure enough the first time I go there he tells me that if I sit in the front seat, only little kids would be able to fit in the back, and gives me the obligatory suggestion about checking out the Escape instead. I was only there to give the car a look over and told him I had to get back to work. I really liked what I saw, the standard cargo divider was a nice touch.

A few days layer I went back to the dealer and there was a different sales lady who didn't seem to care at all that I was a big guy buying a smaller SUV which was nice. This time I brought my average sized 5'10 friend with me. I sat in comfortable position up front, and what do you know he was actually perfectly comfortable sitting behind me.

I wanted one with as much bells and whistles as I could get so I checked out a really nice looking shadow black Titanium trim model that I really loved. Came with the B and O sound system, heated leather seats, blind spot detection and sunroof. She offered me a test drive of course but I told her I was well researched on the vehicle and that I didn't need one. I came back after work, they looked over my Fiesta trade in and I purchased the vehicle. Absolutely love it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ecosport.jpg (111.8 KB, 2 views)
eford likes this.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2020, 02:07 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum Hawks and congrats on your Ecosport. I'm a big guy who has a preference for small cars as well, but now that I'm an old man I've up-sized a bit to facilitate getting in and out of the vehicles without too much pain.

Tall Timbers
2018 Ford Ecosport SE and SES
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 11:53 PM

Love that ecosport is for any size

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page