Dont forget to wipe - 2018+ Ford EcoSport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Dont forget to wipe

My name is Kevin Fordham,
We bought a 2018 Ford Eco sport because of gas mileage. Living off of two dirt roads out in the country, (Crawford County) Georgia. Yesterday, I got a flat tire and like most men living out in the country, we change tires frequently. If not for ourselves, we do it for others just to help out. BUT, UH-OH I looked for the little cannister and pump. I am trying to figure out what EINSTEIN decided to not use a spare tire. It's one thing to not use a gas cap, but to not have a spare tire. This is a prime example of what eating TIDE-PODS and smoking that crazy stuff will do one's mind. Then upon reading the information about getting the tire pumped back up, the reader will discover that the chemicals used will and can cause renal (KIDNEY) failure. So, Ford has taken it upon themselves to put the health of their consumers at risk. They have actually forced the consumer to be at risk. They never disclose that the car does not come with a spare tire. Nor do the tell the consumer, when you get a flat and your 45 miles from nowhere you are forced let the little pump and renal failure causing chemicals to pump the tire out and put your health in harms way. If the Ford dealership would not have gotten me so upside down in this car, I would take it back to where I bought it.

If I hit the lottery tomorrow, I would definitely buy one more from the dealership, I would place the first one in a hole and then put the other on top of it, then take a DUMP on the second and then bury them both. My name is Kevin Fordham,
We bought a 2018 Ford Eco sport because of gas mileage. Living off of two dirt roads out in the country, (Crawford County) Georgia. Yesterday, I got a flat tire and like most men living out in the country, we change tires frequently. If not for ourselves, we do it for others just to help out. BUT, UH-OH I looked for the spare tire and found a little cannister and pump. I am trying to figure out what EINSTEIN decided to not use a spare tire. It's one thing to not use a gas cap, but to not have a spare tire. This is a prime example of what eating TIDE-PODS and smoking that crazy stuff will do one's mind. Then upon reading the information about getting the tire pumped back up, the reader will discover that the chemicals used, will and can cause renal (KIDNEY) failure. So, Ford has taken it upon themselves to put the health of their consumers at risk. They have actually forced the consumer to be at risk. They never disclose that the car does not come with a spare tire. Nor do the tell the consumer, when you get a flat and your 45 miles from nowhere you are forced to let the little pump and renal failure causing chemicals to pump the tire up and put your health in harms way. If the Ford dealership would not have gotten me so upside down in this car, I would take it back to where I bought it.

Last edited by Kevin Fordham; 10-06-2019 at 05:57 PM.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM

Garage
We have 3 2018 Ecosports in the family. We knew that they didn't come with spare tires so be bought a rim and full size spare and keep it in the back. The downside is the spare tire takes most of the space available in the back so you can't use it for anything else. When you live in rural areas like we do, more flats happen so a spare tire is essential.

Aside from that we're quite happy with the Ecosports. I understand that about a third of new cars nowadays ship without spare tires. I think it is an unfortunate trend but it's up to us, not the car manufacturer, to ensure we have what we need.

Tall Timbers
2018 Ford Ecosport SE and SES

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page