Hey everyone - 2018+ Ford EcoSport Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Hey everyone

He EcoSport Forum! I've been intrigued by the EcoSport ever since it debuted in the US. I will be in the market for a new vehicle soon and I will definitely consider it as an option. It's great to find a forum like this that has so much stuff for me to sift through.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 03:32 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum, Kyler554!
Kyler554 likes this.

Tall Timbers
2018 Ford Ecosport SE and SES
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
Welcome to the forum, Kyler554!
Thanks Tall Timbers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 08:39 PM

Welcome. Let me just say that I was not looking for an ecosport but after driving it I was hooked.

Fiero Thomas

2018 Ecosport Ecoboost
2017 Kia Forte
1987 Pontiac Fiero T-Top
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieronews View Post
Welcome. Let me just say that I was not looking for an ecosport but after driving it I was hooked.
Thanks! What was it about the EcoSport that got you hooked fieronews?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 06:35 PM

Kyler-
I know you were asking fieronews is opinion, but if I could share my personal experience: the first thing that got me about the EcoSport was the looks. Besides the Buick Encore, itís the only other one in the sub compact SUV that actually looks like an SUV and not a hatchback. Went to the dealer for a test drive, and thatís where it was surprising. Iíll be the first to say that it is not the quietest (road noise) nor the best riding (short wheelbase will do that) vehicle, but is still very comfortable and look forward to every time I drive it. Even if one chooses the SE trim, it is very well equipped and should meet most peoples creature comforts. Didnít drive the 1.0 turbo, as the reviews are less than stellar, but I can assure you the 2.0 has ample power. Even with 3 passengers, and the air conditioning on, have not lost any power out it.
One thing that I would highly suggest is pay no attention to the reviews on this vehicle. The ďprofessionalĒ reviewers that you see on YouTube bash this vehicle only because that canít be objective in reviewing this vehicle in the subcompact SUV market and some high end models that cost 4 times as much. One video that I found very informative and was about about as objective as one can get, was AlexonAutos found on YouTube. Other than that, go to the dealer, test drive one or 2 different trims even, and see what you think.

Regards
Ty

YouTube:
Kyler554 likes this.

Ď18 EcoSport SES
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyler554 View Post
Thanks! What was it about the EcoSport that got you hooked fieronews?
I liked the size of it and the millage that I could get with it. Seats all my family without any issues.
Kyler554 likes this.

Fiero Thomas

2018 Ecosport Ecoboost
2017 Kia Forte
1987 Pontiac Fiero T-Top
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishHawk View Post
Kyler-
I know you were asking fieronews is opinion, but if I could share my personal experience: the first thing that got me about the EcoSport was the looks. Besides the Buick Encore, itís the only other one in the sub compact SUV that actually looks like an SUV and not a hatchback. Went to the dealer for a test drive, and thatís where it was surprising. Iíll be the first to say that it is not the quietest (road noise) nor the best riding (short wheelbase will do that) vehicle, but is still very comfortable and look forward to every time I drive it. Even if one chooses the SE trim, it is very well equipped and should meet most peoples creature comforts. Didnít drive the 1.0 turbo, as the reviews are less than stellar, but I can assure you the 2.0 has ample power. Even with 3 passengers, and the air conditioning on, have not lost any power out it.
One thing that I would highly suggest is pay no attention to the reviews on this vehicle. The ďprofessionalĒ reviewers that you see on YouTube bash this vehicle only because that canít be objective in reviewing this vehicle in the subcompact SUV market and some high end models that cost 4 times as much. One video that I found very informative and was about about as objective as one can get, was AlexonAutos found on YouTube. Other than that, go to the dealer, test drive one or 2 different trims even, and see what you think.

Regards
Ty

YouTube: https://youtu.be/VnjttWVNKrI
Hey Ty, my apologies I didn't mean to exclude you with my question. Any information/feedback is greatly appreciated!

I'm glad to hear that it's comfortable to drive, that's a big thing for me. I can live with a bit of road noise, that isn't a dealbreaker for me. Thanks for the heads up with the reviews, I usually take them with a grain of salt to begin with but that's good to know.

Btw, did you drive the Encore as you were looking at the EcoSport?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 04:21 PM

We did. It was comfortable, but unfortunately the one we drove had some type of vibration. We drove the EcoSport after the Encore, and the EcoSport just felt like ďhomeĒ to us. Plus, the Encore was significantly higher priced than the EcoSport. In comparing the trims, i.e. Sport Touring>SES, and Essence>Titanium, there is typical a $2K-$3K difference depending on the dealer.
Kyler554 likes this.

Ď18 EcoSport SES
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishHawk View Post
We did. It was comfortable, but unfortunately the one we drove had some type of vibration. We drove the EcoSport after the Encore, and the EcoSport just felt like ďhomeĒ to us. Plus, the Encore was significantly higher priced than the EcoSport. In comparing the trims, i.e. Sport Touring>SES, and Essence>Titanium, there is typical a $2K-$3K difference depending on the dealer.
Speaking about the Encore, I heard that Chevrolet is bringing back the Trailblazer as a sportier version of the Trax. It might be a good EcoSport alternative!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page