Ford Production Delays... Not For Long
Ford is gearing up to restart production and ahead of that they outlined safety measures
- Ford is continuing to make decisions with health and safety of workforce, dealers, customers, partners and communities as highest priority through the coronavirus crisis
- Robust safety and care measures instituted globally to create a safe and healthy environment for Ford’s workforce, its dealers and customers, with health assessment measures, personal protective equipment and facility modifications to increase social distancing
- Constantly assessing public health conditions, government actions and recommendations, supplier readiness to determine when time is right to resume production in a staggered approach
- Using lessons learned in China and around the world along with insight from Global Data teams and an epidemiologist and infectious disease experts to inform our global approach to return to work
- Collaborating closely with unions, including the UAW, on initiatives to keep people safe, including completing daily health self-certifications, scanning temperatures and more
- Daily online health self-certifications completed before work every day. Employees or visitors who indicate they may have symptoms or may have been exposed to the virus will be told not to come to work.
- No-touch temperature scans upon arrival. Anyone with a raised temperature will not be permitted to enter and will be instructed to visit a physician to be cleared before returning to work.
- Required face masks for everyone entering a Ford facility. Every Ford team member will be provided a care kit including a face mask and other items to help keep them healthy and comfortable at work.
- Safety glasses with side shields or face shields as added requirements when jobs don’t allow for social distancing. Ford is evaluating workstations and work patterns and will implement other measures that protect workers whose jobs are typically performed within 6 feet of another person.
- Facilities that have been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected and will be cleaned with increased frequency when they reopen.
- Hand sanitation stations throughout Ford facilities and CDC signs with proper handwashing methods in all restrooms.
- A comprehensive playbook with procedures and protocols that detail how the Ford team will work together to help keep everyone safe and healthy.