2017 EcoSport (U.S. Market) Pictures! - 2018+ Ford EcoSport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

2017 EcoSport (U.S. Market) Pictures!

Since i'm from the U.S. here's a look at the EcoSport we're getting. Don't know the differences going on between all the markets getting the ES but visuals are always a good start:

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 10:26 AM

That interior is surprisingly nice for what it is. I like the orange accenting and the offset stripes on the seats. Are those two usb ports at the bottom of the console ?
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 10:18 AM

The do look like two USB ports with led lights. I don't see heated seat buttons, does the EcoSport not come with heated seat option?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 11:02 AM

Confirmed they definitely are USB ports but I do not see any heated seat buttons when I was watching the walkthrough video
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

It has heated front seats as well as heated front mirrors and a heated windscreen last I checked.

A heated steering wheel would be great but I don't see anything listed for that.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 10:40 AM

What's great is the old school parking brake. These days they're all electronic, but I like the feel of lifting or lowering that lever.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 11:02 AM

Oh man how I love the old school parking brake levers. Other than the great feel of it over the electronic parking brake, self servicing the rear brakes is again possible. When the vehicle uses the electronic parking brake, you need to use one of the more expensive scanners to retract the parking brake piston before taking apart the rear brakes otherwise you'll seriously screw them up.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 07:45 PM

I'm sure electronic parking brakes are just as good, but I like the feeling of security with mechanical parking brakes. I wouldn't self service the brakes, but it's an easier job for mechanics to do it and it'll take less time.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

They are good and they have to be, you can see it as beta testing for the real end game which is mass self driving cars, so the more they do little things like this the more it serves them in that grander scheme.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 10:40 AM

I wouldn't say that they are any less "good" than the conventional parking brake system for sure. They serve their purpose and work effectively. But all of these little tech innovations all do play towards the grand scheme of autonomous driving. From the simpler things like electronic parking brakes, the change from standard PRNDL gear shift levers to electronic gear changes, to lane keep assists and ICC. When you start putting them all together, you get a serious piece of technology.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page