Spare tire! - 2018+ Ford EcoSport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Spare tire!

So apparently the new trend is not to have a tire at all, I'm just flabbergasted.

That being said, any advice on options to be able to carry one? Would LOVE to figure out how to install one on the gate, but my Google-Fu sucks. How I stumbled here.

Like the ride, needed something decent on gas, live in the country and have giant breed dogs. So she fit for what needed, but just floored no spare.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 02:49 PM

Garage
Where we live flat tires are very common and I've got no faith in the goop that Ford supplies to fix the flat temporarily. We've put a full size steel rim mounted with a tire in the back. It just fits laying down but takes up almost all of the space in the back. We also included a jack and lug wrench. It sucks to eliminate most of the storage in the rear, but we really need that spare tire in our neck of the woods...

Tall Timbers
2018 Ford Ecosport SE and SES
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 03:13 PM

You could also consider hitch mounted spare racks, as that will prevent you from using up all the boot space. Only issue would be getting access to the boot if you left it on all the time. Curt has one. Since the older models had a spare on the hatch have you looked into salvage yards? Keep in mind it was only available on base models.

Last edited by Orion; 02-26-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 04:45 PM

I know some people in your situation that get away with using tire patch kits.
How often have you gotten a flat anyways?
From my experience and speaking to people I know its incredibly rare, but happens and when it does a patch kit and/or road side assistance is what they choose.