2018+ Ford EcoSport banner

Front lashing point for roof mounted canoe???

5K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  RobInCov 
#1 ·
Hi Forum. Iwant to carry a canoe on the roof bars on my Ecosport but would feel safer if the front and rear was also tied down. The rear is no problem as I can lash to the towbar, however the doesnt seem to be anything suitable at the front.
Has anyone found something sturdy to tie to at the front? ??

#2 ·
Maybe you could install the tow hook into the front bumper and tie off to that. I wouldn't know if what the tow hook screws in to is strong enough, but if you also have it latched down in the middle, that would probably work. I do know that if a person ever needs to use the tow hook, they need to exercise great caution so as not to damage the area around the tow hook when pulling the vehicle back on to the road.

#9 ·
The canoe carrier is not an issue.... They are available in the UK.
My problem is where to lash the front of the canoe when it is on the rack. Obviously it is strapped securely to the rack but it really needs lashing at the front.

I currently use the front towing eye however there was an accessory shown at the Detroit Auto show that lashed to two points at the bottom of the screen behind the bonnet (oops, hood in US)

Ford Customer Service were less than helpful and finally told me that particular accessory is not available in the UK and then stopped replying to me.

1 - where do other people lash the front of their 15ft + canoes on their Ecosport.?

And

2 - does anyone know the Ford service part number for the plenum lash point kit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.