Trailer Tow Prep Wiring - 2018+ Ford EcoSport Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Trailer Tow Prep Wiring

I bought the 2018 SES Canadian model. It claims to have Trailer Prep wiring. Does anyone know where this wire is or what exactly this means? The dealer has not been able to answer this question.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SmartSelect_20181211-113541_Drive_1544628936724.jpg (245.3 KB, 19 views)
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 12:30 PM

A pre wired kit should mean some sort of harness should already be installed in the rear underside, but this is often not the case. Odds are you will probably still have to run wires to battery, brake controller etc.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 06:45 PM

It might be something the dealer had to install during the pre-delivery inspection (PDI), I suggest you start by following up with them first, speak to your sales rep.
Tall Timbers likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks I try the dealer again.
workingclasshero likes this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 01:06 PM

Trailer Tow Prep Wiring

Hi Jon - I'm in the US and struggling with the trailer tow wiring myself. I have the SE package 2.0L engine and on the factory sticker it says "Trailer Tow Prep Wiring".
Whin i had a hitch installed, U-Haul showed me where the plug in is located. Mine is located under the drivers side bumper. Its a wiring plug that is covered with a protector.
However, my plug is dead. No power going to it. If you or any others know of how I can get this energized it would be greatly appreciated. I've been to 3 dealerships with no joy.
Thanks in advance and hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ecosport Tow Wiring2.jpg (340.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Ecosport Tow Wiring.jpg (300.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Ecosport Tow Wiring3.jpg (121.4 KB, 16 views)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:59 AM

missing module

I brought mine in because the dealership promised me that they would look into the issue for free. The conclusion is that FORD chose not to install the module that controls the wiring. They estimated the Module price at $154 plus installation fees. I am choosing not to go that route. FORD will not cover the cost of the Module. I'm requesting part numbers when I pick up the car tonight and I can post them on here if that would be helpful to others. I do appreciate that the dealership is not charging me the diagnostic charge being they had no idea what the problem would be.
Tall Timbers likes this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 04:17 PM

Same Question

I recently purchased 2018 Ecosport SES. The window sticker states "TRAILER TOW PREP WIRING". Noone at the dealership where I purchased seems to know what this means. I just installed a trailer hitch, and would now like to add the trailer wiring/connector. Does anyone know the part# for the electrical harness/connector? Do I just need a wiring harness? Or are there other controller, fuses, etc components needed?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:09 PM

I ordered one from ford last week , just received it , but no instructions, I know it came with a module, and a wire that goes to the battery, just not sure about concealing the wires or how to install the kit
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 06:32 PM

If the harness is a separate item i bet that down the road it will be something we can buy aftermarket for 1/3rd of what the dealer charges. Something to keep in mind!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 08:03 PM

ohiogary - can you post the Ford part# for the module you ordered? And price? Thanks!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page